Thursday, July 19, 2012

Lemon Meringue Pie


oh la la, I loves me some lemon! My boyfriend got me on the lemon kick so much I want my own lemon tree! This pie is all homemade, from the beautiful crust to the lemony filling to the fluffy meringue! My pie crusts never ever turn out until my wonderful sister-in-law showed me how she does her pie crust with her grandmothers recipe for her famous apple pie! Ever since then, I have been making perfect pie crust and I'm keeping this pie crust recipe a secret! :♥)

Pie Crust:

Filling:
1 cup Sugar
1/4 cup Cornstarch
1/8 tsp Salt
2 large Lemons (zest and juice)
1/2 cup Lemon Juice (i like extra lemony taste)
4 Egg Yolks (save whites for meringue)
1 1/2 cup Boiling Hot Water
3 tbsp Chilled Butter

~In a medium pot, whisk up the sugar, cornstarch, salt, lemon zest and juices with the yolks until well blended. 
~Place on stove, on med heat; whisk in the boiling hot water and whisk until it thickens, remove from heat and add in chilled butter! Pour in pre-baked crust!

Meringue:
~With electric mixer stand, whisk egg whites until fluffy peaks, then slowly adding in 2-3 tbsp of sugar until soft peaks are formed! 
~Top on the lemon pie and bake on 350 until golden peaks form!

No comments:

Post a Comment